Heads of agreement. We all believe...
1. That the Bible is the Word of God, given by the Holy Spirit through Godly men of old, yet so as to be preserved without error in all its parts (we are not inviting liberals to this at-present notional conference).
2. That the Bible teaches that God has not dealt with all men in all ages in identical ways, but has used different means in different ages.
3. And therefore that it may be said that there are different economies or dispensations in God's dealings with men.
4. That the Bible teaches that Lord Jesus Christ will return again, bodily and visibly, to judge the living and the dead.
5. In the resurrection of the dead. that is, that the same body that was laid in the grave will be raised by God at the Second Advent of Christ.
6. That the BIble is to be understood on its own terms, according to its own words and context, not according to any externally-imposed system.
7. That no-one ever was, or ever shall be, saved by keeping the Law, because the Law cannot save sinners, but only condemn them.
8. And therefore that all who ever were or ever will be saved from their sin were not saved by anything other than the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. Therefore that there is only one way of salvation, and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ.
10. That since the Bible expressly states that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Spirit, no-one can come to Christ without the Holy Spirit working in them.
Next: Confession of sin.